On Saturday January 7th, 2017, the NYC Chapter of the Women’s March on Washington has partnered with the inspirational art collective, We Make America, to host an Official WMW NYC Sign-Making Workshop. This event will shape how New York voices are seen and heard on January 21, 2017, as well as bring our fellow marchers together in friendship and solidarity under one roof.
With the help of experienced artists and activists, the event is an opportunity to learn why people from all walksof life are taking up the call to march! #WhyIMarch has been a major theme in our movement, letting people share what drives them. At this event, let your voice be visualized. We have a handy set of slogans and sign-making guidelines available for your use.
We invite everyone and anyone to join us. This once-in-a-lifetime experience is a chance for New York to champion women's rights, human rights and the dignity of all. By sending a strong message to the new administration the day after Inauguration, we will keep progress alive. By gathering allies of the marginalized together, we will determine how to move forward.
Drop-in from 12-4pm (event will close promptly at 5pm)
What to expect:
- Tables with supplies and tons of inspiration to start you out,
- A chance to join gifted singers and musicians who will be there working out their music for the march,
- A #WhyIMarch table with our staff photographer
- The chance to meet Women’s March NYC Chapter organizers and fellow New Yorkers, experienced artist-activists and other badass women and men joining you to March on Washington on January 21st and make our voices heard
What to bring: We will have some supplies but if you can help us by bringing art supplies to bring and share for this event and those in the coming weeks, we need them, especially:
- Permanent and colored magic markers
- Clear tape
- Long cardboard tubes
Please note: NO paints or solvents or wooden stakes will be allowed in the space